Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Empty Me.

One of my favorite gospel song is Empty Me by William Murphy.  He sings that if God finds anything in Him that's not like Him that he would empty him.  More of God.  Less of Me.   I used to sing the song half way understanding -  I thought I knew but now I know.  I thought about the scripture 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a NEW creatures OLD things are passed away behold ALL things are become NEW."  When you're new - the old you is empty.  You don't fulfill those old desires because they're gone.  You're new.  You're bleached.  My friend emphasized that new is like clean - and he used bleached as an analogy - bleach turns the darkest things light - but sometimes the smell is too strong to endure - the "process" is rough - and that's how it is - we need to be bleached so God can turn our darkness into light.  Jesus is Light.  The way, the truth...the light of the world.  Man.  You never really understand until you seek.   It makes sense.  23 years and I thought I had it.  Thank you Jesus.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP