Sunday, May 09, 2010

05.09.2010

They take my kindness for weakness.
They take my silence for speechless.
They consider my uniqueness strange.
They call my language slang.
They see my confidence as conceit.
They see my mistakes as defeat.
They consider my success accidental.
They minimize my intelligence to "potential".
My questions mean I'm unaware.
Not to ask means I don't care.
Any praise is preferential treatment.
To voice concern is discontentment.
If I stand up for myself, I'm too defensive.
If I don't trust them, I'm apprehensive.
I'm deviant if I separate.
I'm fake if I assimilate.
My advancement is somehow affair.
When I reach the top, it's considered rare.
My character is constantly under attack.
Pride for my race makes me "too black"

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP