Monday, May 24, 2010

Dear You

Dear You,
Today, I sat down at the table – you know the one in the corner of the library where few often look twice at because of its position. Yes, that one. The one we’ve yet to meet at. As I sat there, I started to compose a letter, our letter, the letter. It reads:

I have never met you before, but you know just what I want to say before I say it. You don’t finish my sentences, you start them. You hug me before I say, “I need to be held or I just want to be held.” You are willing to put my needs above yours but can tell when I’m being selfish and still choose not to care. I admire you for that. You love me. I mean, really REALLY love me. You let me throw fits, and punch you, and you just clench your jaw and say, “you better chill woman” and I do. I love the fact that you make me do what you say without feeling like I’m cheating myself. I love how I don’t even know you yet but I know everything about you. The softness of your lips, the smell of your body, the magnitude of your arms… I love how we talk for hours about anything and everything. I love how you see past my imperfections and adore my body – especially the parts I hate. I love how when I smile, you smile at my smile then I smile back at yours. I love how when I cry in your arms, I forget why I’m crying because your love feels too good to remember. I love how I love loving you and then you love me all night long. :) And I love how you forgave me for the other guys. You know the ones I let snack on what you now devour as your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You look past my mistakes, past my excuses, and reasons, and backwards logic and you understand exactly why I’ve done the things I’ve done. And you accept that and you love that. And though I’ve never seen you – I don’t know how gorgeous your eyes are, or how perfect your smile is, or how your fingers fit perfectly between mine but I can love every part of you now. Because I know that you’re there, waiting. I’m giving God my heart and you’ll give him yours too. He’s going to take them in his arms, look at them through His perfect eyes and see that these two hearts are perfect matches. He’s going to give me your heart and give mine to you. I cannot wait to meet you – you’ll find me, there in the corner of the library at the table no one dare looked twice at – waiting for you.


Love,
your future wife

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP