Tuesday, August 02, 2011

My testimony.

I've been kind of selfish by not sharing my testimony - well months back prior to graduation - like three days priors I got an email saying that "...unfortunately you won't be able to graduate" and the amount of sadness that flooded my system was unreal.  I had no tears to cry b/c I was numb.    I just sat there frantically searching my brain for an answer.  It was about 3 am when I checked my email.  I had just made it home from hanging with two of my friends after work.   Sooo, I emailed the lady back asking if I could talk with her the next day and I tweeted a little - asking that if anybody would just pray with me - wherever they were..I had a few responses but it wasnt enough.   I had one friend in mind and I called him and I asked him if he could get in prayer with me - - - because in Matthew,  (paraphrasing) Jesus exclaimed that if two people agree on anything He'll do it.   Well that friend talked to me a for a WHILE and calmed me all the way down and then we prayed.  I couldn't sleep for jack though.  I think I literally slept for 15-30 minutes maybe and I was up getting ready to be at her office first thing in the morning.  

As I got dressed, I prayed....when I finished getting dressed I prayed.   I remembered scriptures where God promised to never leave nor forsake us and I also prayed that His will be done.   The scary thing about praying that God's will be done is that anything goes.    When I finally made it to school and talked to the lady it was sort of like an in and out ordeal.  She was like - - - well there's nothing that I can do but I'll talk to one of the dean's whenever he gets here and we'll see what goes from there.   I kind of felt defeated. I walked out of the office trying to hold back the tears and drove home.  Initially, I was just going to get in bed and go to sleep but I couldn't.  I remembered a few years back after Hurricane Katrina when I was having problems with financial aid I contacted Dr. Brumfield in academic affairs and he helped me out tremendously....so I called him again - told him my situation and he gave me a few things to do and instructed me to keep him posted.  So at this point - I'm calm.  I pray again...I finally just really let go and gave it to God - it was out of my hands...

Within 20 - 30 minutes after getting off the phone and laying in bed the lady from the College called and told me that I would be graduating!  The only thing I could do was give glory to God - because it was Him...nobody but Him.  There's so much power in prayer and sometimes we forget.   The first person I called was my mom and told her - she didn't know anything about the situation until after it got situated.  I was too stoked !!!   There is REAL POWER in PRAYER!  I found so many scriptures of promise and everything.

Wellll this is just my lil testimony.  :)

ain't God good,
april.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP